- » Wireless ISP
The Wireless Internet Service Provider System (WISP) is an integrated
Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) system of connecting customers to the Internet.
High-speed wireless datalinks are used to provide Internet access on a
point-to-point and point-to-multipoint basis, for companies, governmental
organizations, schools, universities and other institutions having Local Area
Wireless data links take place of dedicated leased lines where the leased line connection is not possible or too expensive. Basic requirements for using wireless data links are:
• Customers are located within 15 miles or 24km radius around the central site.
• Direct Line of Sight between Customer location and the central antenna.
• Use of the 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz frequencies (Unlicensed Band) according to the local regulations. In some countries obtaining a special license might be required.
• Use of the 2.3MHz to 2.7MHz, 3.4 to 3.6MHz and 4.9GHz frequencies (Licensed Band) according to the local regulations.
Exceptional Benefits of Wireless:
• High Speed Data Links (Up to 54 Mbps),
• Fast Installation of the Base Station ,
• Fast Installation for your customers (2 to 6 hours installation per site),
• Cost effective access for prolonged use and multiple users,
• Reliable and instant 24 hour Internet access
The WISP can be obtained from Edgewire as ready to install Base Station and CPE (Customer Premises Equipment). All necessary parts of the wireless links are available as well.
Edgewire is supplying wireless equipment to customers and providing installation services to its customers.